Why use Binchotan Charcoal?
- Japanese have been purifying their water this way for centuries
- Binchotan Charcoal is an active carbon made from tree branches, renowned for its ability to soften water, adds good minerals + absorbs unwanted tastes & odours (e.g. chlorine)
How to use it:
- The stick is ready to use, therefore just fill up your water bottle/ carafe and wait for the charcoal to filter impurities within the water. Best if left overnight, but you can taste the difference within one hour.
After three months you may notice a decrease in the filter’s effectiveness on the water taste. You can recharge your stick by boiling it for 10 minutes which washes out the impurities absorbed. Some people are more sensitive and may therefore notice the decline in taste before 3 months, but it’ s absolutely fine to boil it at this stage too. The total life span is about 6 months or until it stops giving the desired result.
If the charcoal is broken, it still works the same
- Do not wash with soapy water, the charcoal is already washed
- Do not use with fruits, cordials or any flavoured teas.
- Occasionally you may notice tiny particles in the water. There is no need to be alarmed: it will do no harm to you if you swallow them (active charcoal tablets are prescribed to treat diarrhoea, digestion and flatulence).
L 12 cm / L 4.7”